Hyperhidrosis Missoula is a medical condition that leads to excessive sweating unrelated to heat or exercise. If you sweat profusely, even if it’s not particularly hot and you’re not exercising, you may have hyperhidrosis. This condition can be deeply embarrassing to individuals and lead to considerable social anxiety. We provide neuromodulator injections, such as Dysport and Xeomin, to prevent excessive sweating and improve your quality of life.
What is Hyperhidrosis?
Symptoms of Hyperhidrosis:
- Excessive sweating from the underarms, scalp, face, hands, or feet
- Abnormal levels of sweating even without heat or exercise
- At least one episode of abnormal, excessive sweating per week
- Excessive sweating on both sides of the body
What Causes Hyperhidrosis?
Your body induces sweat as a cooling mechanism. When your body’s temperature increases because of exercise or hot temperatures, your nervous system signals the sweat glands to start releasing moisture, which can cool your body down. Hyperhidrosis occurs when the nerves connected to your sweat glands go on overdrive, leading to excessive and abnormal sweating without external stimuli or exercise. Hyperhidrosis usually runs in the family.
Neuromodulators are the most effective hyperhidrosis treatments available. Neuromodulators are cosmetic injections made of the active ingredient botulinum toxin type A, which can temporarily block communications between nerve endings and targeted muscles. When neuromodulators are strategically injected in the underarm region, they temporarily prevent your overactive nerves from communicating with the sweat glands, thus stopping abnormal sweating. Your hyperhidrosis in Missoula results appear within a few days and last for months.
Benefits of Treatment:
- Injectable treatment for hyperhidrosis
- Blocks the nerve roots responsible for excessive sweating
- Causes minimal pain or discomfort during treatment
- Concludes within 15 minutes
- No harsh side effects or complications
- Resume your daily activities immediately
- Improve self-esteem and confidence
Francienne is the leading nurse practitioner and aesthetic provider at FG Aesthetics & Medicine. She is a board-certified nurse practitioner with several years of specialized training in cutting-edge aesthetic treatments, including Dysport and Xeomin. She takes the time to understand your concerns, identify the root cause of your problems, and curate personalized treatment plans. Please schedule an appointment to explore your hyperhidrosis treatment options in Missoula, Montana.